The World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index 2009-2011
- Ranked 33rd from 133 Countries in the category ‘Financial Market Sophistication’
- Ranked 10th in the world for ‘Sound Banking System’
Global Financial Services Index, published by the City of London March 2009
- Positioned 4th as the financial focus well on the way to build significance in the following coming years.
- Positioned 5th as the inside where associations are destined to start new activities in the coming years.
Stable Political and Economic Climate
- Malta is the Parliamentary Republic with a solid democratic custom and member of the European Union.
- Legislative issues are ruled by two long established and regarded ideological parties.
- Recognized by the EU for its liberal financial arrangements and open economy.
- Comprehended by worldwide organizations as a business domain ready for venture.
- Globally acclaimed present day lawful and tax assessment structure.
The Maltese Forex Regulator
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
The Malta Financial Services Authority MFSA is the single controller for financial administrations in Malta. It was set up by special Act of Parliament, the Malta Financial Services Authority Act, 1988 as corrected in 1994 and 2002 taking over supervisory capacities recently done by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Center. The Authority is a completely autonomous foundation and reports to Parliament on an annual basis. – MFSA
- Established by statute in 1988
- Fully Independent and Autonomous
- Self-Funded & Resourced Organization
- EU Member State
- OECD Strategic Partner
Full Member of:
European Banking Authority (EBA)
European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)